MASHOVHELA BUSH LODGE
|MASHOVHELA BUSH LODGE
079 427 6333
|Address:||N1, 16 km north of Louis-Trichardt/Makhado Limpopo|
MASHOVHELA BUSH LODGE ACCOMMODATION IN LOUIS TRICHARDT, LIMPOPO
Mashovhela Lodge is situated in the Morning Sun Nature Reserve which is a natural heritage site. This Hidden Treasure lies in the heart of the Soutpansberg Mountains in the Limpopo Province. The entrance to the reserve is very easy to find on the N1 and lies in close proximity to Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
The theme of the Lodge is based on the Venda Culture and all the materials and patterns used in the rooms and restaurant are from the Venda culture. The award winning Drumbeat restaurant serves delicious pan-African cuisine and whilst enjoying your dinner you will be swept away by the sound of beating drums and dance, a stunning performance by local Venda’s. The Drumbeat restaurant also caters for functions, conferences and weddings.
During the day explore the reserve whilst following our Venda guide on a walking trail through indigenous forests, along streams to waterfalls and to the sacred Mashovhela Rock Pool. The reserve is registered with Birdlife South Africa and is categorized as Birder Friendly with over 540 bird species recorded.
Our Venda guide will accompany you on a scenic drive and tour into Venda land for a truly authentic cultural experience; while on this tour the Venda guide will share his knowledge of his ancestor’s history with you.
The lodge is Fair Trade accredited and has also received the Gold Leaf award for its eco-friendly principles, sustainable energy usage at an affordable rate.
BUSH LODGE ACCOMMODATION IN LIMPOPO
Mashovhela Lodge can accommodate up to 22 adults: 2 adults sharing per chalet in 10 chalets and one safari tent, family chalets and safari tent available on request. Accommodation is in 10 en-suite, dome shaped chalets resembling Venda huts.
The lodge also has an Annex safari tent and a Hammock Camp where you can sleep under the southern night sky to experience a unique stargazing adventure. The lodge is suitable for all ages and family-friendly.
THE BUSH EXPERIENCE
- Guided and Unguided Walking Trails
- Scenic Drives
Open all year round, bed only, bed and breakfast, dinner, bed and breakfast with a Panoramic or Sun downer Drive included in your stay, Full Board with a Panoramic or Scenic Drive included in your stay
MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE ACTIVITIES
- Guided Scenic Drive on Morning Sun Reserve
- Guided Scenic Drives and Walks on Morning Sun Reserve
- Guided Walking Trails on Morning Sun Reserve
- Guided or Unguided Walks on Morning Sun Reserve
EXPLORE THE SUROUNDING VENDA CULTURE TOURS
- Local Kavambe Cultural Village
- Venda land cultural tour
- Arts and Crafts Tour
EXPLORE THE SUROUNDING NORTHERN LIMPOPO AREA
- Mapungubwe Heritage Tour
- Western Soutpansberg Tour
- Baobab Tour
- Northern Kruger Park Tour
SPECIALISED ACTIVITIES ON MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE
- Star Gazing
- Hammock Camp
- Children Activities
WEDDINGS AT MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE
Your wedding should be a reflection of the unique and special bond between you and your partner and for such an important and celebrated event, location is key.
With history, mystery and forests teeming with life and joyful bird song, Mashovhela Bush Lodge is the ideal setting for your enchanting wedding.
Mashovhela offers many unique and exceptional choices to choose from to ensure that your day is one that will be remembered by you and your loved ones for years to come. A beautiful and lush lawn can be enjoyed at night, lit up by soft lamps and fairy lights, or a smaller wedding could choose the option of being sheltered by an ancient Baobab tree, to name just a few of the many settings to choose from.
Mountain views and bubbling brooks offer superb photo opportunities and Mashovhela’s Drumbeat Restaurant can cater for a reception that is refined, yet full of character and vibrating with the excitement of your special day.
With so many different scenes to choose from and an eager and capable team, Mashovhela Bush Lodge is ready and able to help you plan a wedding that will create everlasting memories and reflect the matchless bond shared by you and your fiancé.
DIRECTIONS (from Gauteng) Pretoria 400KM drive
- At Polokwane follow the N1 toll signs new Eastern bypass to Makhado
- OR use our short-cut route:
- Drive North on the N1 (Toll road) until you enter Polokwane/Pietersburg
- At the 3rd set of traffic lights turn left. Signposted preferred route to Zimbabwe/ Makhado (NELSON MANDELA DRIVE)
- Drive 3.5 km passed the Industrial area, at the 7th set of traffic lights turn right. Signposted as N1 recommended route & airport (VERMIKULIET DRIVE)
- Drive 4km to the T junction. Turn left onto the N1
- Pass the Airport & follow the signs to Makhado/Louis Trichard
You will now drive north for about 120km (N1 Toll road towards Makhado)
- In Makhado / Louis Trichardt drive straight, through 2, 4 Way stops. Continue North passing a traffic circle. Set your odometer to 0 to measure 16km. Pass Ingwe Ranch (from here you have 2 km to go)
- Pass the 120kmh speed sign and indicate to turn LEFT
- At the sign for MASHOVHELA LODGE (MORNING SUN NATURE RESERVE) turn left and enter our gate. Follow the sand road and signs for 4km into the mountain valley, until you end up at the Lodge.