Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre May 3rd, 2013
The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre focuses on the conservation of rare, vulnerable or endangered animals. Cheetah Conservation is one of their core disciplines.
The Centre is actively involved in:
- The breeding of endangered, vulnerable or rare animal species
- The release and establishment of captive-bred cheetahs to the wild
- The treatment and rehabilitation of orphaned or injured animals which are brought to the Centre
- The education of learners, students and the general public in conservation and conservation activities
- A hands-on Student's Programme to conservation and adventure enthusiasts from around the world.
To simplify the very diverse deliverables of the HESC, the various services offered by the facility are segmented below. Please choose the area of specialisation that best fits your requirements. (At the base of each page within the sub-sections of this website, you will find a menu which will enable you to navigate easily between these sections).