TripStaySA - LOCAL ACTIVITIES AND INFORMATION May 25th, 2015
The Limpopo Province in South Africa is home to some of the most magnificent and diverse wildlife and natural phenomena in the country. Gorgeous mountains run in sharp relief against azure skies and green fields. Lions and leopards roar into the sunsets as giraffe, zebra and warthog run freely across African plains. It is here, in this province, that TripStaySA has lodges based at the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate – a perfect spot to get away from it all and explore everything that the area has to offer, including the Kruger National Park. Here are just some of the activities and locations on offer:
THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Orpen Gate, one of the many entrances into the world famous Kruger National Park is a mere 45 minutes scenic drive from our lodges on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. This impressive park boasts nearly two million hectares of unparalleled diversity of life alongside historical sights and archaeological sites. The Kruger National Park was established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld and is home to an impressive number of species. Drive through this rich landscape and see if you can spot or recognise one of the following varieties or species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 32 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals.
HORSE RIDING SAFARIS
Within the estate is African Dream Horse Safaris [http://www.africandreamhorsesafari.co.za/] where you can learn about working with horses and spend time in the bush on horseback. Your riding ability will be assessed and then you will be trained to ride in the bush, conduct horse trails and work the horses at the centre. You can even get involved in conservation on a Big 5 reserve. A completely unique and exciting experience, you can tailor your horse-riding adventure to suit your mood and capabilities.
PANORAMA SCENIC ROUTES
- The Panorama Route has an abundance of places to visit, famous for their stark natural beauty and history.
- The Three Rondawels - Shaped like traditional African beehive huts, these three huge pinnacles of rock rise up from the canyon floor, gloriously lit by the African sun.
- Blyde River Canyon – this is the third largest canyon in the world and spans a 25, 000 hectare reserve with lush vegetation and rich birdlife.
- Bourke’s Luck Potholes – Named after the gold digger Tom Burke, these giant potholes never once delivered an ounce of gold. This natural water feature is a site of historical significance and well worth a visit.
- God’s Window – If you are looking for a magnificent view, then look no further than this extraordinary place where you seem to look down over the whole world and, on a clear day, you can see Mozambique!
- The Pinnacle Rock – A towering monolith of quartzite, this natural formation soars above the dense forests on the R534.
- The Waterfall Route – Lisbon Falls, Horseshoe Falls, Bridal Vein Falls, Berlin Falls and Mac Mac Falls sit on the roads between Graskop and Sabie. These are all extraordinarily beautiful and well worth a visit.
Take a day or two to undertake your own personal adventure and try something new and different. Only 35km from the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate you can go fishing and boating on the Klaserie Dam, or you can take a game excursion on the Blydepoort Dam. Canoe trips are available on both the Blyde and Olifants rivers or you can take a game viewing cruise with sundowners along the Olifants River.
Hoedspruit golf club is based only 10km away and the Hans Merensky Golf Club near Phalaborwa offers you a truly unusual experience on the edge of the Kruger National Park. Here the wildlife have the right of way…
Visit the Kruger National Park through Orpen Gate or the Hoedspruit Cheetah Project only 18km down the road. Close by the estate is the Mholoholo Rehab Centre, Swadini Snake Park, Silk Farm and Elephant Back Safaris.
TRIPSTAYSA - EXPERIENCE HOLIDAYS YOUR WAY
TripStaySA is your portal to a world of stunning self-catering lodges and bush experiences that will transform your holiday into something extraordinary. Nestled within the stunning landscapes of the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate in Limpopo Province tranquillity comes as part of the luxurious package when you select one of our establishments for your stay.
Sit on the deck and soak up the sun or enjoy the whisper of the bush as the sun sets and the animals step out of the shadows and into your view. Bright birds, gorgeous giraffe and so much more are right there on your doorstep in Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate.
Get in touch with us over at TripStaySA – a family-run business that knows exactly how to make your break into something special – and we will find you the ultimate holiday. Sip wine as you watch the sun go down over the Olifants River or drive slowly through the lush vegetation of the Kruger National Park in search of the Big Five.
If you need to find us, just go to our Bookings [LINK] page for directions to our various lodges, or give us a call if you have any questions. We are happy to help or make suggestions.
If you are searching for something to do while staying at one of the TripStaySA lodges, then visit our Activities page for a long list of all the things you can do in your area. Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate is only 45 minutes from the Orpen Gate entrance to the world famous Kruger National Park. Don’t forget to check the Malaria Risk Map [http://www.santhnet.co.za/index.php/malaria-advice-for-travellers/item/330-malaria-risk-map-for-south-africa-2013.html] to make sure you take precautions when visiting the area.
All our lodges in Hoedspruit Estate are close to a variety of amenities that include ATM machines, shops, liquor stores, hairdressers, chemists, boutiques, petrol stations and bureau de change.
Tel: +2712 460 5024
Cell: +2782 565 3736
Fax: +2786 614 2889